It’s that time of the quarter again for Bruins… Finals! While this infamous word is a component of every college campus, there are definite ways to make this tense time run a little more smoothly! I am all about being prepared and now coming into my 6th round of finals at UCLA, I think I have a solid list of tips.
1. Know yourself! Everyone has there own advice to give you about finals, but ultimately being honest with your own study habits is the best place to start. If you are someone who loves the intensity of completing a paper moments before its due, or someone who literally cannot sleep at night unless they start there work weeks in advance, tailor your studying to what works for you!
2. Sleep. I don’t care who you are, everyone needs sleep! Unless you are working on a paper due the next morning, studies have shown that staying up super late before a test is not beneficial. Instead, try to pick a definite time you want to get to sleep by and stick to it.
3. Keep your routine. If you are someone who loves the gym, or cannot function without skyping with your best friend once a week, then keep doing it! Finals are so much less painful if you continue to fit in the things that are really important to you.
4. Make a schedule. This is a great tip for people who want to defeat procrastination. Instead of looking at finals as a hurricane sized stress monster, break it down. Focus on tangible goals for each day and make a study plan to get you through the week.
5. Keep a perspective. I know we all care a lot about our grades and academic performance but do not let finals define you. As Bruins (and people in general), we are so much more than a grade.
Good luck Bruins and summer is on the way!
You must be logged in to post a comment.