Finals week is crazy for so many reasons! It’s always been my least favorite week and my favorite week. Everyone is so sleep deprived and has no class that we all just end up having some of the best memories! It is not uncommon to go into a dorm study lounge at 3 in the morning to see people studying or snacking. Coffee shops around Westwood are full of college students. New friendships are made as you form study groups with classmates for the first time all quarter! It’s a unique time.
This weekend was a lot of fun for me. My friends and I were looking for new places to study and taking some creative study breaks. Here is what we found:
- Libraries (my personal favorite is YRL)
- Different apartments (yesterday we studied while listening to Les Miserables and saw an incredible sunset)
- University Bible Church on Wilshire. From 7pm-1am they have free coffee, food, wifi, and printing!!
- Coffeeshops (you can’t go wrong with Jimmy’s Coffeehouse and their awesome music!)
- Trying new recipes
- Taking a walk
- Hourly dance parties
- Midnight Yell (a UCLA tradition!)
The last week of the quarter is when you get to see people at their most vulnerable and at their messiest. Somehow (between practicing equations and writing papers) you make some of your best UCLA memories!
For me, this week has already included some creative cooking, an awesome pink and purple sunset, and dancing to early 2000’s pop music. My professors have all been great about setting up review sessions and I have already formed some study groups for later in the week. It has been a lot of fun so far. I cannot wait to see what the rest of the week has in store!
The best part about all of this? As soon as it’s over, winter break begins!!! Merry Christmas!!
You must be logged in to post a comment.