It has been a while since I have had dorm food, and today I found myself craving one of my dorm dinner creations. I have several, but this one is my favorite! If you have never had French soda before, it is essentially Italian soda (flavored syrup and soda water) with cream or milk. Here is my dining hall version:
What you’ll need:
- one mug
- one glass
- a fountain soda machine that dispenses soda (carbonated) water and ice
- a hot chocolate/vanilla machine (ours is Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf)
- a fruit-flavored tea bag (my favorite is raspberry)
- fill your mug halfway with hot vanilla and put in your tea bag. let seep for 3-ish minutes (longer for stronger flavor).
- while you are waiting for your hot vanilla to get nice and fruity fill your cup all the way up with ice.
- once your hot vanilla is ready, pour it over the ice.
- fill the cup the rest of the way up with soda water.
- drink it and be so happy.
It’s yummy and bubbly! It does take a few trips back and forth from the fountain soda machine so maybe it’s best to sit close. Enjoy and let me know if you try it one you get to school!