Ahh, the end of fall quarter and the beginning of break. This is a goodbye to some of the things I have or do at UCLA and a hello to the wonderful world of time off:
- Goodbye (required) reading. I have liked some of you, but some of you have been not so nice. I suppose I have been not so nice to you, too. After all, I did fall asleep reading my anthropology articles about once a week. But for now, goodbye to you all, even the fun ones!
- Goodbye procrastination. I can’t procrastinate if I have nothing to do!
- Goodbye my beautiful dorm. Goodbye decently comfortable bed. Tah tah to my huge mini-fridge. See ya later porcelain cat statue. Just bye to everything in here.
- Also, goodbye to my clothes. You guys are in my room, but you deserve your own goodbye.
- Goodbye to daily hygiene. You can think I am gross, but what’s the point in showering when you do not have to? Well, the point is to sing, but I can do that whenever I want once I am home.
- Goodbye dining hall food. You are semi-tasty and if you are from Feast then you are semi-really-tasty.
- Goodbye to my favorite walk on campus. In fact, goodbye to all of UCLA’s beautiful places. The Skylark balcony at Kaufman. The desert part of the botanical garden. The bridge between Fowler and Royce. The courtyard in Anderson. The second-floor view in the molecular sciences building. And many more. You are all so pretty, and I can’t wait to see you in the new year.
- Goodbye to most of my UCLA friends, although I am going to try to visit some of you over the break.
- Goodbye to walking everywhere. And with that, goodbye to all aerobic activity in general.
- Goodbye Los Angeles. You are a pretty big place. And a big pretty place.
- And finally, I would like to say goodbye to my French teacher. You rock. I know you probably do not read the UCLA Life Blog but just in case you do, know that I will miss your class over break.
And now onto hellos! Because saying goodbye is really sad, I want to say hi hi to all the new (well, kinda new) stuff that will be my life during break:
- Hello fun reading. I have been meaning to read Bossypants and the Chamber of Secrets. And of course, I am going to read a bunch of TIME magazine articles.
- Hello glory of sitting around lazily. I have missed you.
- Hello weird moist room. You are in need of a dehumidifier, but I love you.
- Hello miscellaneous clothes. I am so excited to wear all of you – including grandpa’s army peacoat.
- Hello flossing only before my neighbors’ annual Christmas Eve party.
- Hello homemade food. And lots and lots of chocolate chip cookies.
- Hello beautiful hometown! You have memories and magic all over you!
- Hello high school friends! I haven’t seen you all since… Thanksgiving.
- Hello to my lovely car. You are also very moist.
- Hello San Jose!!!!!!
Thanks for reading this year and have a wonderful break. :3
~Cheesy Holiday Blog 2011~